Preps for this week:
- Added a few more items to the pantry. Canned fruit, canned tomatoes, pasta, canned ham, and olive oil.
- Picked up a few more nice to have around items like safety goggles, siphon, gloves, WD-40, Liquid Wrench, plastic zip ties, and a heavy-duty tarp.
- Used my new sharpener and gave my serrated edge knifes a once-over.
- Went to the doctor to take care of a few nagging minor issues. In a shtf situation, these would be a real pain, so I bit the bullet and took care of them now. I’m not one to run to the doctor for every little thing, but I will be going more often now, mainly to take care of little things while easy access and cures are available.
- BTW, I just became aware today that toilet paper has an expiration. Apparently, it will absorb the moisture from the air and start to break down. So I am rethinking my strategy and will change the amount and storage method, and will be reinforcing some of my alternative solutions.