Good week for prepping this week. Even though most of my time was spent preparing for Christmas, I was able to squeeze in few prepping items:
- Continued to add to the larder by picking up some more rice, dried beans, canned fruit, and canned veggies. These were impromptu items that I picked up because they were on sale in the particular store I was in. It is hard to pass up a good bargain for these types of things.
- Since it was payday week, picked up a couple of boxes of ammo.
- Went back to the hardware store and picked up more of the Figure 9 Rope Tighteners. Great shortcut when you are in a hurry or don’t have the patience to tie a proper knot. These will go in the Bug Out and the Just In Case bags.
- Ran across a little kit at Sears that contained a Swiss type army knife, flashlight, and carbiner. The wife was with me and she whole-heartedly agreed that we should pick up one for each member of the family as a stocking stuffer. Of course, she got one too and has already put it in use. It is encouraging to see her begin to view the world a little differently.
- And, the coup de gras….. Wife ordered me a Henry Arms AR-7 Survival Rifle (.22 cal). She brought it home Friday, but I have to wait until Christmas to play with it. I feel like I’m 6 years old waiting for Santa to come.
Merry Christmas everyone!