Relatively slow week this week and work has really picked up and I am putting in lots of hours. However, I did manage to accomplish a few things:
- Received my books on raising backyard chickens, making home-made bows, and a cookbook focused on depression era recipes.
- Picked up a Buck BuckLite Max knife and a Cold Steel Finn Bear knife. These are awesome camping knives and both came out of the box shaving sharp.
- Continued my reorganization project. Although I’m not finished, it has already paid off and I have been able to identify some gaping deficiencies as well as excesses in my supplies. I will be changing some of my purchasing priorities.
- A note on batteries: In looking at my supplies, it looks like I went on a couple of binges when I acquired certain types. It will be important to space out my next purchases as I don’t want them to expire all within a relatively short timeframe.
- Rescued a pair of jeans my kids were throwing away. I will be able to make tons of char cloth out of them.
In retrospect, not a bad week.