Work is still consuming most of my time. However, I took advantage of a slow day and ordered some things on-line. I’ve also been slowly taking things out of my buckets and putting them into better storage containers. Made some progress on that project as well.
- Ran across a really good bargain at the local Walgreens on house brand ibuprofen and tylenol. There was a buy one get one free, and one of the packages was already packed as a 2 for 1, so I basically ended up getting 4 for the price of 1.
- Came across a deal on a lot of 3 USMC casualty blankets. Plan to put one of these in the wife’s get home bag.
- Added a Bear Gryls fire starter to the wife’s bag as well. I think it will be easier for her to use, and the survival sheet that comes with it will be handy for her.
- Picked up a few more items just to add to my overall preps. Fire steel, paracord, artificial sinew and needle, tarred catfish twine, stainless steel spacesaver cups, and a 3 pack of Dentek emergency dental kits.
- Acquired an India sharpening stone for those really torn up knives.
- Ran across and purchased a couple of rat traps to include in my BOB to be used for trapping small game. These have been on my list for a long time and I finally ran across some.
- Added a Mora utility knife to the tackle box.
- And the coup de gras, picked up a Tuff Cloth to help rust proof my carbon steel knives.