Big week for prepping this week as I was able to get several things accomplished:
- Finished building out the raised bed gardens and got most of my veggies in the ground. Still have some seedlings that are a little small, so it looks like from here on I will be busy in the garden for a little while. One of my kids took an interest in what I was doing and is calling it our project and is very eager to learn what and how to do.
- Found a couple rolls of gauze on clearance at Walgreen’s.
- Picked up a non-electronic thermometer.
- Picked up a small backpacking first aid kit so I could keep a dedicated one in my recreational backpack.
- Picked up a box of tampons to use in my first aid kits for bandages, plus they are good to have around just in case.
- Picked up another casualty blanket and a couple relatively cheap knives that come with a firesteel. I figure these will be good just to keep at the office and anywhere else I might need something in a pinch.
- Picked up a good topographical atlas of Florida. I had picked up one for Georgia earlier. I now have really good maps of all the back roads of my immediate area. You never know when you may have to travel them.
- Picked up the paperback Wildwood Wisdom by Ellsworth Jaeger and Lloyd Kahn. This is going into my reading stack.