Continued to work around the house and the yard this week. I am really pushing to get this done so I can devote the rest of the summer to enjoying the backyard and pool and pursue other interests. I did get a few things accomplished this week:
- As part of my landscaping projects, I planted several hibiscus. Apparently, a tea made of the dried leaves will do wonders for one’s blood pressure. I figure in a shtf situation, these will be a great alternative when blood pressure medicines aren’t readily available.
- Picked up 6 wallet magnifying Fresnel lenses (4x) to put in the Altoids tin pocket emergency kits I am making.
- Picked up a three pack of replacement Swiss army knife tweezers. These will go in the pocket emergency kit as well.
- Picked up another 50 yards of Kevlar thread. Always useful for repairs.
- Ran across an item called a portable bidet. After checking it out, I decided to add this to my emergency plans. I don’t know why I didn’t think about this before. I found a deal on a pack of 4 Perineal cleansing bottles/baby wash. The plan is to put these in the bug out bags and also great to have around when the toilet paper runs out. Sure beats sponge on a stick with vinegar.